2023 New Products

OR Archer

WKR
So the 2023 ATA show is wrapped up. What new products did you see released that caught your eye? For me it’s the following

Hamskea Arrow level. For guys setting up lots of bows you can easily preset this thing for center shot and arrow height once you establish a good base line for a particular bow.
OMP fletching jig. Gives you the ability to do both left or right offset and to precisely set your degree of offset as well.
Option Archery Canyon Pounder. Very well thought out sight. Better amount of travel than previous Option models with the ability to use two different pins for a floater.
I don’t remember who is making it but someone finally made a launcher cover for the QAD. Surprisingly no one has done this before. Looks like it’ll last a while as well.

So the 2023 ATA show is wrapped up. What new products did you see released that caught your eye? For me it’s the following

Hamskea Arrow level. For guys setting up lots of bows you can easily preset this thing for center shot and arrow height once you establish a good base line for a particular bow.
OMP fletching jig. Gives you the ability to do both left or right offset and to precisely set your degree of offset as well.
Option Archery Canyon Pounder. Very well thought out sight. Better amount of travel than previous Option models with the ability to use two different pins for a floater.
I don’t remember who is making it but someone finally made a launcher cover for the QAD. Surprisingly no one has done this before. Looks like it’ll last a while as well.
The Hamskea arrow level looks like a really useful tool.

I like the OMP fletching jig, I just wish the nock receiver was more like the zenith upgrade for the bitz jig. I will probably pick one up anyway and give it a try. I didn't see this come out, so thanks for posting.

I like that Easton is making the Sonic 6.0 in Match grade now.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I have always used calipers to do what the Hamskea tool does, it's neat, but I don't know that it will get my money.

I think it's cool what PSE did for shims, but I know a few guys who have trouble keeping the c-clips on those axles as it is, so don't know how well they will actually hold up or stay in place, but sure is easy.

OMP fletching jig was cool, but again not anything I feel like I nerd, it's a good option for someone looking for a jig and is priced well.

Axcel released a newer version of the achieve again, already behind on production for the XP......
The sight mounting block is neat tho, keeps your scope centered on your bar if you are shooting fixed yardage, assuming the mounting bar is still just as durable, which I assume it is. They were releasing a new release, don't think I have seen it but it's probably just a flex edition of something, like the Executive.

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
$600 Option sight? You have got to be kidding
Comparing it to any of the other high end options like Tru Ball and even Spot Hogg it’s in the same ball park. A sight like that is an investment as it’ll easily last you a lifetime.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I haven’t bought a sight in a while. Last I checked a good Black Gold was $250 and the Garmin with all its electronics wasn’t much more than the Option

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's cool what PSE did for shims, but I know a few guys who have trouble keeping the c-clips on those axles as it is, so don't know how well they will actually hold up or stay in place, but sure is easy.

PSE changed the axles and the containment system, no more clips. You are right time will tell I guess

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
Hogg Father still doesn't break $500.
Same for the Landslyde. I think asking 20% more is a bit much, but time will tell.
Hogg Father with a Triple Stack is $520 at Lancaster. Axel Landslyde with a multi pin head is over $500 as well. So the Option isn’t that much more.

Hogg Father with a Triple Stack is $520 at Lancaster. Axel Landslyde with a multi pin head is over $500 as well. So the Option isn’t that much more.

The dovetail 5 pin option sight is $640. A hogg father 5 pin is $520, or the triple stack if you want to keep the centered aiming.

So 23%.

Landslyde 5 pin direct mount is $465 or $470, the Option 5 pin direct is $620.

I still think they are swinging pretty hard for 20 +% more, they are almost more like the others now than different. I mean before your housing didn't move and there was an anchor point advantage to that. I feel like they are going away from what set them apart.

JStol5

WKR
The dovetail 5 pin option sight is $640. A hogg father 5 pin is $520, or the triple stack if you want to keep the centered aiming.

So 23%.

Landslyde 5 pin direct mount is $465 or $470, the Option 5 pin direct is $620.

I still think they are swinging pretty hard for 20 +% more, they are almost more like the others now than different. I mean before your housing didn't move and there was an anchor point advantage to that. I feel like they are going away from what set them apart.
The housing moves now? I thought the whole point was that it didn’t…

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
The housing moves now? I thought the whole point was that it didn’t…
The whole housing moves yes. Has the option of using a single pin or flip the housing for a multi pin head. Having this option gives more range hence the name it was given.

MattB

WKR
PSE changed the axles and the containment system, no more clips. You are right time will tell I guess

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I lost an e-clip one time, don't know when it happened and it didn't cause a problem. Seems like a great solution to a problem none I know has ever had.

Pretty slow year for an ATA that seems on life support. Only thing I saw that I bought immediately was the Hamskea waypoint, but Im a sucker for levels. Ive done without it this long, but I do think its a nice tool to have around for setups and getting good measurements for that setup.

That Option sight has a lot of personal preference built into it, some guys are going to love it, others wont. I dont have any complaints about the BGs I use. But to me what stands out just looking it at it in pictures, it looks like about 20% of the sight housing window is covered by a wall on the right side where the pins branch off. That would bother me having that much of my view obstructed. Again, I havent used to it know whether or not that makes that much of a difference.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Ordered that Hamskea level and plan on ordering the total peep rest cover for the QAD, about the only things I’ll be getting this year…. And two new bows 😂