2023 Flat Tops partner

taskswap

WKR
Hey folks,

My two hunt buddies both moved this past year, so I'm looking for a new partner. I focus on Colorado GMU 12 Rifle 1 elk every year, which is no trophy zone but it's a productive area and I have good data on it. I'm pretty open to any way to work it, as well - full mutual support with a meat share, "call me if you break your ankle", down to "total newbie needs some mentoring to get started", as long as it feels like a good fit.

I work hard on the hunt and take it seriously (40% success rate so far) but I'm also a pretty easy going guy and I'm always good for beer, T-bones, and stories around the camp fire (or propane heater these days, fire restrictions...) I tend to focus on hunting around 4-6 miles in and usually alternate between a nice (truck camper) base camp and overnight spike-outs. I come prepared and I'm a provider, not a taker - I'm usually the guy with the "extra stuff others forgot" (bag liners, paracord, batteries, etc.), not the other way around.

I'm not a fitness freak and will never beat you to the top of the mountain, but I do work out enough to get the job done, and if a partner has an elk down 10 miles back, I'm definitely the "pound some aspirin and caffeine and get hiking" kind of guy.

I haven't posted much on Rokslide (I was on "the other forums") so I'm still figuring out the etiquette here. I think if somebody was interested it's probably best to PM me and maybe we'll meet for a beer (I'm between Boulder and Denver) to see if there's a fit?

I’m looking for some hunting buddies. Experienced whitetail bow and rifle hunter but now living in Steamboat and trying to learn the ropes. Applied for mostly local tags but also some in the flat tops. Regardless I’m big on the outdoors and camp just about every weekend last summer. Have a GFC truck camper and always up for anything 🤙🏾