2023 Crispi Briksdal MTN

I just got a pair after a warranty on some wyomings. Just starting to wear them but have some late desert hunts coming up, will keep an eye on them and update.
Update. I thought I was out of the woods after about 40 miles in S Texas but after a week in AZ they are separating like above.

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
I want to try these boots out but not for the healthy price tag if they are going to fall apart on me. Did they make any changes for 24?

gostovp

WKR
I just got an email from Black Ovis with what looks to be Crispis new releases. I don’t see any changes in the Briksdahl MTN. Looks like they put an actual hook on the Lapponia instead of that crappy fabric lace loop

Attachments

• IMG_8569.jpeg
    IMG_8569.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 27

ZHY

FNG
I can’t imagine why they don’t put a hook on the Briksdal Mtn. Does anyone use the fabric lace hook? I can’t imagine it holding up.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I can’t imagine why they don’t put a hook on the Briksdal Mtn. Does anyone use the fabric lace hook? I can’t imagine it holding up.
I have and haven’t had any issues, but then again I haven’t got a pair past 6 months yet.

Reactions: ZHY

srm51475

FNG
Aside from the rand separation, any comments on the waterproofness of the MTN boots with the synthetic uppers? Looks like they changed the synthetic upper for 2024 to microfiber so maybe that will solve the rand separation issue.

Thinking about trying the MTN SF (which I think is the same upper) for AK goat hunt in Oct. Thanks.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Aside from the rand separation, any comments on the waterproofness of the MTN boots with the synthetic uppers? Looks like they changed the synthetic upper for 2024 to microfiber so maybe that will solve the rand separation issue.

Thinking about trying the MTN SF (which I think is the same upper) for AK goat hunt in Oct. Thanks.
Did they change it? I thought only change was superficial/color.

I’ve never had them leak. Certainly had way too many issues with the rands. I’m in a similar debate and love synthetic, but would let climate dictate. If you’re drier area SFs all day. But leather is likely better for lots of wetness.

ZHY

FNG
Does the MTN have any flex at the ball of the foot and ankle once broken in or are they like wooden Dutch clogs. I’d be walking flat ground.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Does the MTN have any flex at the ball of the foot and ankle once broken in or are they like wooden Dutch clogs. I’d be walking flat ground.
Yes, but they also have a severe rocker profile so much so that the toe is not touching the ground. The boot “rolls” easy on flat ground. Comfort and waterproofness are truly impressive. Durability questionable.

Reactions: ZHY

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a pair of these that the rand hasn't detached? I tried some on and loved the fit. They felt better to me than the Nevadas. I want to try some but if there's no hope for durability, I may go with the Kennetrek Hardscrabble Hikers.