2021 Five Bow Showdown Review, By Jimmy Tippetts!

I'm setting up my Elite Enkore and dang excited to get that bad boy slinging. I shot the Kure last year and it was awesome and so far it seems the Enkore built on that.

tlav21

FNG
Hoyt ventum all day. Don't waste money on the carbon models. Yes, they are fancy and you can say you have one. Spend that extra $500 on accessories or different gear. Same cam system so you don't miss out anything besides .2 lbs..

Hancock

FNG
Question on the Elite S.E.T. function. What is actually going on when the adjustment screw is turned, and the adjustment is made? From what I can see, the entire pocket does not shift laterally. So, is the adjustment really just rocking, or tilting, the limbs? In other words, is it just raising or lowering one limb relative to the other to get the adjustment?

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
Nice review. All of the major manufacturers are making great bows these days.

It simply comes down to what fits best for you.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Question on the Elite S.E.T. function. What is actually going on when the adjustment screw is turned, and the adjustment is made? From what I can see, the entire pocket does not shift laterally. So, is the adjustment really just rocking, or tilting, the limbs? In other words, is it just raising or lowering one limb relative to the other to get the adjustment?
That's pretty much what it does. You are correct.

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
Hoyt ventum all day. Don't waste money on the carbon models. Yes, they are fancy and you can say you have one. Spend that extra $500 on accessories or different gear. Same cam system so you don't miss out anything besides .2 lbs..
I liked the Carbon models when I hunted in the winter in Alaska. Aluminum bows feel like they are drawing all the cold into my hand as opposed to the carbon element that I was shooting when I lived up there.

Tyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
The Solution is a great bow. I have it and the Ventum 30. I think that when you get into these class of bows the difference is really minimal and comes down to personal preference.

ICBoy

FNG
Nice review. It's been hard for me to upgrade the last few years as all the new bows feel so similar and my old bow still shoots great and kills better. only worry is parts when I need them.

ccc9092

FNG
I'm late to this but literally went through this process at the same time last year as the review. I ended up with the EVO EVL and really agreed with you on all your points.

The Solution is such a killer bow that IMO was overlooked in 2021. All the bows at that price point are fantastic but the EVO cam system really stood out to me and just fit my body type better. Some people get so tunnel vision on bows because of the name on the limbs but if you're going to spend that much money on a bow, shoot as many as you possibly can.