2019 RV Trip

I would like to share my experience and Thank all who gave me tips and locations to visit, as it made our trip an amazing experience!

We started our 3 week journey in Denver on June 15, we picked up our grocery order from Walmart and headed north to Carter lake(my sons name) to kick off the trip. Here we met a great local family who had a jetski and graciously let us barrow it to tour the lake! From Carter lake we traveled NW through Rocky Mountain NP seeing tons of wildlife. Then stopped at Dinosaur National park for some exploring and continued NW to Flaming Gorge Reservoir for a couple days. We enjoyed great fishing and exploring and busted out our inflatable kayak to explore the res. we left the res and headed north to Jackson hole wy where we did some site seeing and enjoyed our first rodeo! onto the Grand Tetons, we did some hiking and enjoyed seeing the plentiful wildlife Wyoming has to offer. we left GT and headed into Yellow Stone where we spent 3 days hiking, fishing and exploring. after 3 days in YS we headed north into Montana stopping in Bozeman for so tackle and camped at a local fishing hole where we were blessed with gorgeous views and great fishing. after a nights stay we continued N to Missoula where we toured the RMEF and Boone and Crocket head courters. then up to Arlee where an old friend lives where we stayed for a few days to catch up over a bon fire, beers and a night in the wall tent for the kids. after catching up we traveled farther to Glacier National Park. we spent 4 days in Glacier fishing and exploring. from glacier we started our journey back south to a little town called Lava Hot springs, Idaho. we joined the locals at the community pool which was awesome then finished the evening off with a soak in the hot spring. we stopped at the yellow stone Bear and wolf discovery center. we left Idaho and headed to Arches National Park where we spent 2 days enjoying the scenery. from there we headed back into Colorado where we watched fireworks in Fruitland then traveled through Aspen and stopped off in Leadville for some pizza. then back to Denver for a flight home to Maryland. we hit 5 states and covered 3200 miles. this was a trip of a lifetime for my family of 6 and i thank all who offered up advice to make this all that it was! i will add pictures in the comments.

Last edited:
Fantaastic pics!

When I was six, my parents took me (my little sister had recently passed away in a freak accident) out west for three weeks. Despite the obvious sorrow that hung over the trip, it was extrememly formative for me - memoroies of mountains and rivers that are etche din my brain forever, and that were a key element of my need to be outside. I suspect you're kids will remember this trip similarly.