2015 Dall Sheep Hunt

snbm97

FNG
I found this forum trying to find information on a Dall Sheep hunt since my wife drew a TMA tag for 2015. I lurked on here and found a lot of information on what gear worked, and more importantly, what didn't. We went into this hunt with the idea it would be a great camping trip in a portion of Alaska that we haven't spent a lot of time in, and we were just hoping to see a Dall Sheep. With a bit of work and a lot of luck, my wife was able to fill her tag with a nice ram. Her story and pictures are posted here: https://bigironescapades.wordpress.com/category/hunting/

Thank you very much for the wealth of information on this site!

Stid2677

WKR
Well done, sharing a remote sheep hunt with the love of your life is special indeed. Enjoyed sharing your adventure!

Steve

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you, this story made my day! Congratulations to you and to Becky for a job well done, and also a great trip write up with photos. I identify with so many of Becky's descriptions, right down to the cursing of Rokslides when I have to navigate them :)

I was fortunate enough to harvest a TMA ram of my own in 2012, and it remains one of my favorite adventures of all time. Thank you for sharing this wonderful adventure, and for being an awesome example of a couple who hunts together!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Great read!!! Gotta love hunting with the better half. My wife and I hunted TMA together in 2012. One of my all time favorite hunts. Thanks for taking us along for the ride!!

RyanC

WKR
Congratulations and Thanks for sharing your story. Your descriptions were so spot on it reminded me of being in the sheep mountains and craving those same feelings again......I know sheep hunters are crazy!!

OP
S

snbm97

FNG
Thank you! It was one of our best Alaska trips and hopefully we can do another one soon, unfortunately I'm due to move this summer and don't know where yet (hopefully staying in Alaska).

mwhamm

FNG
That was a great read.

I've never ever hear of anyone bringing a sheep back to the taxidermist to have the head and horns removed from the cape. Way too much extra weight there to be carried. Plus, I guess most are not able to get the animal out of the field that quick.

Nice sheep and congratulations. I can understand your anxiety about having the sheep horns sealed. Your seep seemed legal by a nice margin.

Thanks for sharing.

Snyd

WKR
What a great hunt of a lifetime! You guys look familiar, I think I've seen you around Fairbanks.

Perry

MTNRCHR

Lil-Rokslider
Great story ! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.