2012 Oregon Blacktail Archery Buck

MJ from Oregon

Lil-Rokslider
It was a short but sweet archery deer season here in Oregon for myself. I found this buck back in early July and decided that he was the one I was going to hunt. I had planned on purchasing a rifle tag until I found this guy. Opening day he gave me a shot opportunity but I messed it up when I went to draw my bow. The arrow got hung up on the blind and the arrow got pulled off my string and fell out the window. Day two he came in on the same trail and gave me the same opportunity. This time I had made things easier on myself by removing all unnecessary items from the blind to give me more room to get my bow drawn inside the blind. The Injection 400 with the Slick Trick head did the job at 21 yards pushed by the Carbon Element early Sunday Morning.

I feel blessed to have had this experience.

Mike
L1040297.jpg

10 days prior to season.
2012-08-21_17-38-02_324.jpg

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Man you boys down south of us sure shoot some crankers!!! THye must have more mulie in them then the island, as a buck like that would be one in a life time here.

BigSurArcher

Banned
Yeeeeaaahhh Buddy! Sick buck. I like how you get after em right away instead of waiting until after elk season like most guys up there seem to do.