2 week trip and trail cams?

ureyes

FNG
I am wondering how many folks use trail cams for scouting when they go on 2 week hunting trips?

We are heading out for 2 weeks in October and I have considered taking the trail cams and using them for a scouting aids. Although I'd like hear if guys have found this to be more of a hassle than a help when you only have 2 weeks in an area......and also with them being on public ground there is risk there as well.

have you used them on short trips?

I have not used them but have heard of guys using them for bear. In one instance a guy passed on a good bear because he had seen a great bear on cam. He ended up getting the great bear a couple days later. He said he would have shot the good bear if he hadn't seen the great one on the cam.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have not used them but have heard of guys using them for bear. In one instance a guy passed on a good bear because he had seen a great bear on cam. He ended up getting the great bear a couple days later. He said he would have shot the good bear if he hadn't seen the great one on the cam.

Great for trophies , maybe not so good for meat in the freezer. We got a trail cam this year ...to determine the predators in our yard , I considered deploying it for hunting but opted not to. I don't want to pass a a sure thing because I know a great bull is around and then not have any meat.