2 1/2 inch 12 gauge shells

I picked up a nice old london boxlock this spring and am hoping to chase some birds with it this fall. The downside is it has 2 1/2" chambers (the upside is it weighs 6lb, 2 oz). Its in proof at 1 1/8 ounce and would be planning on shooing 1 ounce loads. I'd hoped to buy a case of shells for it from RST shells, but they never have them in stock, and the ETA has changed from 5/31/23, to 7/31/23, to now 9/31/23 - so I'm not sure if ever they will be in. Actually the just posted some bismuth ones in stock but $65/box is more than I want to spend. Was curious of anyone know of other sources. Looking reloading but not confident I can get the components for that I'd want, and I don't see putting enough rounds a year to this gun to justify going down that path. Any help greatly appreciated!

87TT

WKR
Most shotguns can have the chamber reamed out to 2 3/4. Find a good shotgun smith and check on that.

I picked up a nice old london boxlock this spring and am hoping to chase some birds with it this fall. The downside is it has 2 1/2" chambers (the upside is it weighs 6lb, 2 oz). Its in proof at 1 1/8 ounce and would be planning on shooing 1 ounce loads. I'd hoped to buy a case of shells for it from RST shells, but they never have them in stock, and the ETA has changed from 5/31/23, to 7/31/23, to now 9/31/23 - so I'm not sure if ever they will be in. Actually the just posted some bismuth ones in stock but $65/box is more than I want to spend. Was curious of anyone know of other sources. Looking reloading but not confident I can get the components for that I'd want, and I don't see putting enough rounds a year to this gun to justify going down that path. Any help greatly appreciated!
If you do decide to handload, you can get everything you need to at least load up your first set really easily from Ballistic Products. You'll need a reloader to reload, but can roll crimp your first set of new primed hulls on a drill press.

Message me for load data if you decide to go that way. I have a book, since I shoot the 2.5" shells in my old Husqvarna.

OP
Runningwater
I have the roller already as I had previously made some black powder reloads for a damascus hammer Parker I had long ago. I'll probably take you up on your gracious offer. The biggest thing holding me back on the reloader is just having a solid lowish pressure 1 once recipe and knowing the components are all available.

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot and load lots of 2 1/2" shells for vintage sxs guns.

Try to find some Federal Gold Medal paper hulls to cut down. You can get like 5 loadings out of the papers. Plastic hulls are about one or two then done. You will need overshot cards if you roll anything.

Send me a PM and we can talk if you want. I can help with load data for low pressure shells.

Don't lengthen the chamber!