150 grain broadheads

Which one is your favorite?

I'll likely go either Iron Will Wide or VPA 1 1/4 for whitetails. Only concern with the Iron Will is they look to be a pain to sharpen due to the amount of blade angles.

Would like to try the Stinger Buzzcut 4 blade as well. Id have to get a jig though to sharpen.

I keep going back to the VPA cause of the ease of sharpening with my DMT Diafold sharpener-stupid easy and can do it in my truck before a hunt in no time if the heads need touched up.

I did see Slick Trick has a "crossbow" version thats 150 grains-amybody know if they have a regular diameter ferrule (to fit Rip TKO shafts)?

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've shot a bunch of hogs and whitetails with our 150 grain Wide Solid broadhead. I think it's hard to beat for those animals. You typically just need to touch up the two long front edges or you can also buy replacement blades.

Like Bill said, on the IW you can just touch up the long main blades. I generally don't touchup the back edge or the very tip very often at all.

The stinger is a good head, it doesn't have the durability of the IW, if that's a concern for you.

I haven't shot VPA. I'd recommend both the Magnus Stinger and the IW, for whitetail, assuming you stick with the bleeders. Not a fan of the two blades that remove the bleeders.

I’ve shot several deer with 150gr stingers. And a couple with 150 grain helix broadheads. I shot both out of my recurve for a while and they did very well for me.

CB4

WKR
Guessing your location set as 515-406-515 you are currently in central IA. If you have longer shots I would suggest IW or Kudu. However Sevr Robusto and RMS 3 blade cutthroat will be in my quiver this year for deer.

Not Vegan

FNG
I'm going IW for the fact of the strength of the edge they can hold. I assume it wont be hard to resharpen but I have not shot them in a animal yet. If you get a big chip in the blade I feel that's the hard part with COC heads. So as she says, harder the better....

Not Vegan

FNG
The slick trick 150 are thicker in the ferrule. But I think it is good to open up the channel more than the arrow.

Wrench

WKR
You're not going to dull an iw beyond a simple touch on a strop unless you stuff it in the dirt....a bunch. I have and use both, the vpa is better at corrosion resistance, the iw is stupid sharp out of the box.

OP
Jacob Chapman
Guessing your location set as 515-406-515 you are currently in central IA. If you have longer shots I would suggest IW or Kudu. However Sevr Robusto and RMS 3 blade cutthroat will be in my quiver this year for deer.
Yup I'm back "home".

How do you like those 3 blade VPA's?

OP
Jacob Chapman
You're not going to dull an iw beyond a simple touch on a strop unless you stuff it in the dirt....a bunch. I have and use both, the vpa is better at corrosion resistance, the iw is stupid sharp out of the box.
I'm not sure why I kid myself. Id love to shoot the IW wides. If I can talk my better half into it I'll have a 6 pack on the way for deer season

CB4

WKR
Yup I'm back "home".

How do you like those 3 blade VPA's?
Not VPA. Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear. Oddly enough I did buy some VPA 3 blades last year and returned them. Those didn't spin true so I didn't even shoot them. RMS Gears 3 blade spin perfect and I think will be more durable than VPA just with the design.

OP
Jacob Chapman
Not VPA. Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear. Oddly enough I did buy some VPA 3 blades last year and returned them. Those didn't spin true so I didn't even shoot them. RMS Gears 3 blade spin perfect and I think will be more durable than VPA just with the design.

I may be wrong, but im about positive VPA machines the RMSG heads.