$15,000 Reward for Missing Haul Road Hunter Steve Keel - OP updated to show locations

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Sad deal, crazy how someone can vanish in open country like that. Can the wet tundra suck you into the earth or what?

So I just seen a Facebook post from a family member where they found Steve but unfortunately this is the situation. Pretty messed up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915_104917_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_104917_Facebook.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 558
  • Screenshot_20230915_104924_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_104924_Facebook.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 553
  • Screenshot_20230915_104934_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_104934_Facebook.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 549

crich

WKR
Sad deal, crazy how someone can vanish in open country like that. Can the wet tundra suck you into the earth or what?
Idk but Ive walked across a silty wet area up there that looked like knee deep water and instantly sank up to my waste. Lifting a leg to step out only made my sink deeper so I had to roll to the side and work my way out... made me a little nervous.

TreeDux

FNG
That’s awful. Is it fair to say there’s no proof it’s actually Steve vs some other possible missing person?
It sounds like that would be very fair to say. It doesn’t even seem like there is full verification that it is even a person. A terrible situation all the way around. Hopefully someone can provide some answers and this family can get some closure.

3Esski

FNG
Just read this whole thread and just wow. The update is as absurd as the aliens. How frustrating.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Not surprised. I would be surprised if they found his body in a lake unless foul play was involved or it was only a few feet from shore.

Not surprised. I would be surprised if they found his body in a lake unless foul play was involved or it was only a few feet from shore.

I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if they never found him, as there are many, many places to get lost up here, and never be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it was the little people (Inukins, Ircenrraat, Sungcuk). I know a Native guy from Noatak that is a believer and claims to have seen one. Who knows?

Little People

We were glassing a couple weeks ago and saw something very out of place and I made a joke it was the little people. We laughed and told little people stories for a couple hours. Not gonna lie, the thought stuck in my head and messed me up a bit every so often the rest of the trip!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
We were glassing a couple weeks ago and saw something very out of place and I made a joke it was the little people. We laughed and told little people stories for a couple hours. Not gonna lie, the thought stuck in my head and messed me up a bit every so often the rest of the trip!
I know people who truly believe in those things and keep the windows shut in their homes specifically because of them

BadEarth

Lil-Rokslider
What did you see??

I would say that the guy fell into a tundra bog and that's it. Once he went under you would never even see a mark where there was a struggle.

What did you see??
Just what appeared to be some sort of frame for a temporary man-made structure in the distance. At an extremely remote area a long ways from where you could get a plane, boat, or ATV. Probably just from some former moose hunters or snow machiner that got in a bind once upon a time and had to throw up a tarp for shelter.