140gr Speer Impact in a 6.5x284

Out of curiosity has anyone reloaded with the Speer Impacts much? Had a Savage 110 Hunter w 24" bbl in 6.5x284 Norma magically appear in the safe and thought I would work up a decent hunting round for it. Going to use the 140's and was wondering if they like to be close to the lands or prefer a little jump,

Also going to try a 300wsm in 172gr with them.

Tried the Google's and can't find much specific info.

RCMSTER

FNG
I just loaded a few for my 6.5-06 a couple days ago. My first random try was 53 grains of Reloader 26. First 3 shot group at a hundred was 9/16”. Not sure what the velocity was as I didn’t have the Labradar set up. I’m gonna move up a grain and see how it does, and if it does good, then I’ll do a velocity check.

OP
K
I just loaded a few for my 6.5-06 a couple days ago. My first random try was 53 grains of Reloader 26. First 3 shot group at a hundred was 9/16”. Not sure what the velocity was as I didn’t have the Labradar set up. I’m gonna move up a grain and see how it does, and if it does good, then I’ll do a velocity check.
Not too shabby for a random, lol. I talked to a Speer rep, said he shot them in his 6.5 CM and they were really accurate. Was trying to see if they tested any with powders other than the three listed and of course he said no. Finally ran across some H1000 so I can at least get something started now.

RCMSTER

FNG
Not too shabby for a random, lol. I talked to a Speer rep, said he shot them in his 6.5 CM and they were really accurate. Was trying to see if they tested any with powders other than the three listed and of course he said no. Finally ran across some H1000 so I can at least get something started now.
I hear people talk about H1000 a lot, so I tried some in one of my rifles, can’t remember which, and I couldn’t get the velocity close to what I was supposed to be getting, so I gave up on it. Lately, I’ve been thinking of trying some Vihtavouri, but according to manuals, it’s a bit behind on velocity as well, but also really clean burning and accurate, so we’ll see.

Dsellen14

FNG
I just posted on another thread my terminal experience on deer. I like them and they have shot out of my custom tikka 6.5 cm around .3-.4" 3 shot groups at 100 yds. I can't wait to try on black bear and elk soon!