12x or 15x binos

MakAttack

FNG
I think everyone deals with this topic. I had in order: 10x razor, 10x slc, 10x el sv, 12x nl, 15x slc hd, sold them all, regretted selling the 15's, and I for whatever reason wasn't wowed by the nl's. I now have 10x el range ta and 15x meoptas and prefer to pack the 15's. I'm the minority I guess that likes 15's on my chest, they're just so much better on a tripod and everything kinda sucks hand holding anyway. 15's still work enough hand holding to get you by to your next tripod location and you can still spot game hand holding 15's.

The issue with 15's as a bino worn on the chest for a go to is the narrow FOV if you're scanning anything but a long damn ways away. Until the NL's I wouldn't have even considered 12's but they were a game changer since you get the FOV of a good 10x.

MakAttack

FNG
The issue with 15's as a bino worn on the chest for a go to is the narrow FOV if you're scanning anything but a long damn ways away. Until the NL's I wouldn't have even considered 12's but they were a game changer since you get the FOV of a good 10x.
Yeah it is narrower. Short of packing 2 binos, or a bino and a spotter, or all 3, in open country I'm finding I'll take the narrow fov since most of the distances are far and I just prefer the 15's so much more on a tripod. I've packed 10's, 15's, and a spotter all together, and the 15's are by far used the most up in the alpine if I have them with me. Someone should just make some 8-15x56 variable binos and be done with this game.