Rokslide Forum

T
tbowers
I never went, a buddy had gone around the breaks and came back with just a dismal report so I bailed on it. Im going to try applying next year with 0 pts to see if I pull a tag just because there really isnt anywhere left to go unless you wait 5-10 years. Pretty much only CO(its a complete zoo), ID(looooong drive from WI) or MT which you can get in 3 years or less.
JJ1179
JJ1179
I drew a general combo big game tag for Montana this year so we'll see how it goes. I'm still not 100% sure where I'm headed yet. I've hunted Colorado and Idaho both. I hunted Idaho for 15 years straight for deer (never hunted elk) and was successful almost every time.
JJ1179
JJ1179
There was only one year that I didn't fill a tag, and a couple years I filled 2 tags. I did do a fly in trip to the Frank Church Wilderness area 2 years ago for deer, elk, wolf, bear, and mountain lions, but only saw one deer from about a thousand yards away.
JJ1179
JJ1179
There was only one year that I didn't fill a tag, and a couple years I filled 2 tags. I did do a fly in trip to the Frank Church Wilderness area 2 years ago for deer, elk, wolf, bear, and mountain lions, but only saw one deer from about a thousand yards away.
JJ1179
JJ1179
. Normally I haven't found it terribly bad with people. Some days I have hunted and not seen any other hunters. If you can make the trip, I would recommend CO.
JJ1179
JJ1179
Sorry - hope that makes sense. I was limited to 420 characters so I had to copy and paste it into several messages.
T
tbowers
All good. I hunted CO in 2019, it was discouraging and not all that fun for all the people we ran into.