Keto meals?

zacattack

WKR
Getting back on the keto diet, any good meal suggestions from others that do keto? Mostly I eat eggs, bacon, keto bread, pork rinds, slim Jim’s/jerky etc, steak, brussel sprouts and cheese, which gets pretty damn monotonous.

I used to do keto a ton. I've found other ways to diet that work better for me though. It was all centered around bodybuilding.

The mission low carb tortillas are a game changer. Make breakfast burritos, sandwich wraps, tacos, quesdillas.... that was my number one must have item on keto.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah I did it in the fall and lost a good bit of weight now to get rid of the rest. Worked well for me and I must say I had a few problems that actually went away when I was on keto.

Chaffles are good. Make sammich, eat like a regular waffle, pretty versatile.

Grate fresh cauliflower. Add cheese, egg, season salt and buffalo sauce to taste. Bake in a small muffin tin (strongly suggest silicone). You rnd up with a tater tot substitute that is delicious and close on texture.

I'll second the chaffle recommendation. Chaffle tuna melts were one of my favorite meals while on keto. Two chaffles, tuna, slice of cheddar cheese, mayo, a little spinach, a couple cucumbers, black pepper....so good. Forget the brand, but most grocery stores sell a mini waffle maker for about $10-$15, perfect for sandwich sized chaffles. Enchiladas were also a favorite with the low carb tortillas.

Fell off the wagon about 6 months into it, went on a two week vacation without a ton of control over my meals and just couldn't get back into it when I got home. Been planning a return to keto pretty soon, not sure why its been so hard to get back on it, I never felt better.

The mission low carb tortillas are a game changer. Make breakfast burritos, sandwich wraps, tacos, quesdillas.... that was my number one must have item on keto.
Totally agree. Mission tortillas have kept me going. I’ll add Arrowheat Keto hot dog and hamburger buns.
Grate fresh cauliflower.
Great potato substitute. Works great in a chowder for example. Another couple substitute, almond flour and monk fruit sugar.

I really like G. Hughs sugar free BBQ sauce. It’s so good non-keto folks love it too.

There’s lots of ideas on the cooking blogger sites if you google keto recipes.

I’ve really taken to the flavored club sodas for a drink other than just water.

In the end, I don’t get crazy trying to reinvent the wheel. Learning how to cook your protein well and coming up with like a homemade dressing for a salad is really all that needed for me. My pellet and charcoal grills are used often, and I’m a big fan of sous vide and the instant pot. With mastery of those cooking appliances, it’s hard to get bored with protein…IMO.

Try this recipe:
Instant Pot Beer Brats
You can add some sautéed onions and peppers for a veg. I like mine with some spicy mustard. No, you don’t soak them in beer, so don’t get worried about the carbs. If it does worry you, the beef broth is excellent as well.

Back