Zero turns

Watched a video on the new Bad Boy, and I think its called the Rogue. Very spendy at around $12k, but amazing machine. Front suspension dampers. rear independent patented suspension, and tall back suspension seat that you simply set to your weight. Plus up to 71" deck and 13mph if you want to mow in a hurry.
I know these are out of the OP's price range, but have you looked into Altoz mowers? They are crazy expensive, but they are an unbelievable machine, quite a few people around me have them and I've tried out a few different models and they are the smoothest riding zero turn I've ever used but they should be for the price. A few years back my dad bought a commercial grade Ferris that was pretty impressive, but they don't even hold a candle to the Altoz in my opinion.

IW17

FNG
Brand is not the issue. They're all basically the same thing. Look for welded deck and frame. Serviceable hydros is a must. Then decide what motor you want. Briggs, Kohler or kawasaki. Then determine deck size based on your use. If you mow flat ground with not many things to cut around, go wide as you can. If there are a lot of obstacles, tight spots or uneven terrain, go smaller. Then start shopping based on price and warranty.

Last edited:

IW17

FNG
Brand is not the issue. They're all basically the same thing. Look for welded deck and frame. Serviceable hydros is a must. Then decide what motor you want. Briggs, Kohler or kawasaki. Then determine deck size based on your use. If you mow flat ground with not many things to cut around, go wide as you can. If there are a lot of obstacles, tight spots or uneven terrain, go smaller. Then start shopping based on price and warranty.
I should add this tid bit. I have 2.5 acres that I mow. I bought a Hustler raptor SD 54 inch deck. If I had it to do over I'd buy the 48" deck. My yard is very uneven and has a lot of trees and random things to cut around. The 48" deck is flush with the rear tires. Most of my yard I can't utilize the added width do to the portions of the deck raising higher and lower than the wheel base leaving an uneven cut. The high side leaves a small high spot and the low side will leave a low cut. Sometimes cutting it bald. Picture a plane waving it's wings. It's not a huge deal but it's something to consider.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Lots of trees pretty level overall

Found a used low hour simplicity cobalt 61 inch and looking at the hustler

Here is a pretty detailed review of several of the most popular mowers mentioned in this thread- Hustler, Bad Boy, Grasshopper, and Scag. These are all entry level commercial models in the $6-7500 range.

204_ruger

FNG
My son works with this guy. He had a Husqvarna Z248 zero turn. 2 yrs old had a few small scratches on plastic. I got it way less than half. He had moved to a new home in town. With a small yard. He mows ìt with a push mower. And I was fixing to buy a new Husqvarna Z246 zero turn. My old mower is a Husqvarna Yth21k46. It over 10 yrs old I like Husqvarna stuff. Last yr i bought a commercial grade weed eater.