Volkswagen atlas experiences?

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Would any of yall be willing to put a tape measure to the width of the cargo area? Trying to make sure I can fit both my dog kennels in there.

Needs to be 46” wide between wheel wells to get them in

Would any of yall be willing to put a tape measure to the width of the cargo area? Trying to make sure I can fit both my dog kennels in there.

I can this evening if nobody else does

OMB

WKR

My 2019 is right at or about 46", I can measure my wife's '24 when she gets home.

BigBird69

FNG
Definitely a chick car. Too small and too slow. Not enough room for 4 kids and luggage.

Jd259

WKR
My 2019 is right at or about 46", I can measure my wife's '24 when she gets home.
It looks like they revamped the 24 quite a bit inside and out but is there really that much of a difference between the two you have? There on our short list for the wife’s new car as well also going to check out the Toyota grand highlander and the Kia telluride and the Hyundai.

OMB

WKR
It looks like they revamped the 24 quite a bit inside and out but is there really that much of a difference between the two you have? There on our short list for the wife’s new car as well also going to check out the Toyota grand highlander and the Kia telluride and the Hyundai.
I measured the space between the wheel wells and it's exactly the same. No crazy differences outside of console configuration, biggest one would be in the heads up display. My 2019 still has a few analog buttons/dials for climate control, seat heaters, working the screen, etc, but the new ones are fully digital. Has taken some getting used to and I'm not the biggest fan, but it seems like that's the way the entire industry is trending.

My wife had a 2019, can't remember the trim. It had the V6, leather and third row. She drove it a few years and we sold it. Held it's value decent. We had to put a new battery in it (which has to be programmed to the vehicle by the dealership), had to replace the brake pads earlier the anticipated (have to have a scanner to do the rears and disengage the electric parking brake), it also had a rear main seal need replaced at 72K. Luckily the dealership covered it under the warranty which was supposed to expire at 70k. It also had a recall for the passenger airbag with no date on when it would be fixed by VW for any of the atlas's for that year model.

I wouldn't buy another one personally.