Leupold range finder that can pin location on OnX and other apps

Blue_dog

FNG
The ability to range and drop pins is huge, especially for spot and stalk.

A year ago an Sig employee told me they were close to adding the onx feature. I wonder what happened?

The ability to range and drop pins is huge, especially for spot and stalk.

A year ago an Sig employee told me they were close to adding the onx feature. I wonder what happened?

Sig could do that in BaseMap I believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
Adding another advantage through tech. We're on an interesting road with tech advancements.

Yep.

So now you don't even need to know how to read terrain and a map to plan a stalk, just let your rangefinder and your phone do it for you.

Where do we draw the line?

When they make bullets that will hit exactly where your rangefinder drops a pin will guys use that?

At some point technology is gonna increase the efficacy rates enough that we're gonna start losing opportunity...but hey, as long as dudes are getting grip and grins for the Gram what does it matter right?

They had the Basecamp capability last year but the sig guy said they were close to a deal with Onx. Hopefully they roll it out soon.

Yeah I get it. More so just stating this isn’t brand new tech, maybe just new with OnX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuickTrigger7

Lil-Rokslider
I really like this feature. Really want to pull the trigger on one. The TBR profile seems like trash though.

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
Yep.

So now you don't even need to know how to read terrain and a map to plan a stalk, just let your rangefinder and your phone do it for you.

Where do we draw the line?

When they make bullets that will hit exactly where your rangefinder drops a pin will guys use that?

At some point technology is gonna increase the efficacy rates enough that we're gonna start losing opportunity...but hey, as long as dudes are getting grip and grins for the Gram what does it matter right?
I can read a topo map and don’t use social media. But I live in an area with some really thick and steep terrain and it would be helpful to range an animal and know where they were roughly before a shot and before they disappear in thick timber after a shot that might take upwards of a few hours to get to due to terrain and vegetation. However, I understand your concern and don’t like to see technology used in hunting to increase the chances of social media d bags.